Rushing a Fraternity is very easy to do. All you truly have to do is go out and show interest. You need to go to the rush events and parties. Besides going out to the parties and showing interest you need to get a bid. To get a bid here is a step by step guide on how to rush a fraternity.
How To Rush a Fraternity
1. Understand the commitment that joining a fraternity involves. This is the number 1 because you need to understand that in order to get into the frat you need to pledge which is like having a 24/7 hour job in between classes. You need to study, go to class, while doing things for the frat. After you cross you need to realize you have to pay dues nationals, and social dues. You need to attend mandatory events on campus, and mandatory fraternity meetings. So remember before you plan on rushing, joining a fraternity besides the parties its also time consuming because of pledging and it costs some money.
After you decide that you are committed to joining a frat, the next step is to ignore what people say about greek life, and about the fraternities on campus.
2. Once you know when the rush events are attend them. At these rush events you can meet the brothers, and party with them. Most importantly be yourself with the brothers.Be confident and know that they were in your shoes at one point.
3. Talk with the brothers at the rush events, the more brothers you talk to the better. Your name will reach around the whole fraternity. When talking with the brothers, talk about the frat, parties, and just be yourself. You have nothing to lose.
4. Attend different frat rush events for different frats. Each frat hosts multiple events, so go to a bunch of different frats, to see what fits your personality the best. Some frats you will like better then others.
5. Interview. If the frat gives you an interview be yourself during it. Try to make the best answers, and just be yourself because that’s what there looking for.
6. If you don’t get a bid sucks to suck, but you can rush next semester, or try another frat. If you have your mind set on one frat talk with the brothers outside of rush and during the semester in order to show interest and that you want to rush next semester.